The ATC9K HD Action Camera from Oregon Scientific combines 1080p high definition video with a G sensor and GPS. As with some of the other top of the range HD helmet cameras available, the ATC9K can also take 5Mp still photos while on the go. This camera is well suited for extreme sports enthusiasts and especially well suited for professional sportsman who want to take the helmet cam videos to the next level.
The next level that we're talking about here is about being able to capture and overlay lots of info onto your video. The ATC9K action camera's built in G sensor records the G-forces effecting you while the GPS (which is an optional extra plug-in) tells you exactly where the video was taken. Combine these new features with the included editing suite and you get an image which looks more like a TV game with G-force indicators, acceleration, altitude and google maps showing your location - all while the video plays at the same time.
Waterproof down to 20meters, the ATC9K is tough and rugged enough to follow you into the most extreme conditions. Align your shots before hand with the laser pointer and then playback your videos on-the-go on the ATC9K's colour screen. The wireless remote, although relying on infra-red, is also a great feature of the new ATC9K HD.
Shot with the ATC9K HD in 720p HD
- HD quality recording 720p 30fps/60fps (1280 x 720), 1080p 30fps (1920 x 1080)
- 3Mp/5Mp photo function
- Records onto a MicroSD card (Max 32Gb, Kingston cards are recommended)
- Different scene modes for photo and video taking
- Built-in G-sensor (measures acceleration & altitude)
- Laser pointer for aligning your shot
- Infra red remote control
- Status LED on main body
- Field of view/ Lens angle: 130 degrees
- 1.5” TFT display on main body
- Minimum 1.5 hours battery life
- Various types of mounts included
- 20M water proof
- Compatible with Window 7/ Vista/ XP/ Apple Mac
v10.6 (or newer)
- Dimensions: L100 x W44 x H55 (mm)
- Power source: USB connection rechargeable battery for ATC9K (supports an external charger but not included); 1 x CR2032 button cell for remote control
Here is a full unboxing video of the ATC9K to explain exactly what comes in the box:
* The GPS Module is an optional extra.
ATC9K Mounts and Accessories